Have you always been getting the same air filter or thought all air filters are the same? There are different options you can explore and there are benefits to knowing the right size and type.
- The Right Size: This is option is probably a no-brainer but it’s incredibly important to know the right size for your filter because it increase filtration effectiveness and helps lower your overall electricity bill.
- The Right Type: Did you know each air filter has an effective filtration rating? It’s called a MERV rating (Minimum efficiency Reporting Value) that goes from from 1 to 16 from least to most efficient. Explore your options the next time you are the hardware store and see which filter works best with your system.
- The Right Position: Again, another no-brainer but significant to have the filter facing the correct position; follow the airflow arrows to indicate which position the filter should go for proper airflow filtration.
- The Right Duration: disposable filter should be replaced every 30 days and if you have pets, it should be replaced more often for best effects. However, do keep in mind that it is a rule of thumb, so be mindful of your filter and it can be changed at anytime once you noticed decreased air quality. Also, it’s helpful to set regular reminders to change your filters so you don’t forget.
- The Right People: Trust the certified HVAC technicians at Ken’s AC for more helpful tips and the care of your home’s HVAC system.