Happy Halloween! Once again that spooky time of year comes around but let’s keep the surprises to halloween costumes and scary movies! Did you know there are energy vampires lurking around your home? Sapping energy, electricity, and money that you could be saving! Idle electronics, appliances, and especially your heating and air conditioning system are main culprits. Pick up these 5 tips to reduce these energy vampires!
1. Unplug devices not in use or used rarely, such as gaming systems, DVRs, etc to save electricity.
2. Plug devices into a power strip to reduce phantom power because of the switch system, but be sure to make use of that power switch to turn off those energy sappers when not in use.
3. Plug them into a timer. A digital timer has a lower energy standby load which is helpful for using on hot water re-circulation pumps, instant coffee machines, and any electronic or appliance that’s not always in use.
4. Adjust power settings. Set your home computer, television system, gaming system, etc to a time or sleep mode after a certain period of time so that you save energy when you accidentally forget to turn something off!
5. Buy ENERGY STAR equipment – Energy Efficient Leader York Heating and Cooling provides cost saving comfort solutions!