If your air conditioner is quiet or creating a pleasant white noise, that could be one indication that your system is running smoothly and quietly. However, if your system is making disrupting or weird noises, your system most likely isn’t running as smoothly as it should be. Determine whether your HVAC noises are minor or major with our decoded guide below!
- Whining – a “whining” noise from your HVAC system typically indicates that there may be an air leak somewhere. Many times, a whining noise will be accompanied by a moaning noise, which can mean worn motor bearings.
- Bubbling or hissing – a “bubbling” or “hissing” sound is another indication of leaking due to the refrigerant, which is necessary in the cooling of your home. For any “leaky” cases, please contact your local HVAC tech to perform an inspection.
- Rattling – a “rattling” noise may indicate loose ductwork. When ducts have loose connections, it allows your air to leak into vacant spaces and draw in dust-filled, untreated air.
- Buzzing – a “buzzing” noise may be an issue with the electrical system. Arcing is occurring causing either a steady buzz sound or crackling noise. Be sure to contact your local tech to avoid this turning into a dangerous situation.
- Grinding or squealing – a “grinding” or “squealing” noise could be another indication of a serious issue due to loose parts or mounts. Refusing or prolonging to get this issue inspected can turn it into a larger and more damaging problem for you. Please refer to a professional to help resolve this issue as well as begin investing in preventative maintenance AC tune ups in the future.
Ken’s Heating & Air services the Marble Falls and surrounding areas with fully licensed and certified technicians. Regular maintenance will keep your system running smoothly, but we also offer repair services for when those mysterious noises appear. Visit us on our website or Facebook for more information or call 830-693-5152 today!