Duct-Free or Ductless mini-split air conditioners work similarly to other types of air conditioners in that they compress and expand refrigerant to pull away heat and moisture from the air. The mini-split system is made up of three main parts: an indoor blower unit, an outdoor unit and a remote control. They are mounted on a wall and, as their name implies, don’t require ductwork. They are controlled by a small remote control, not a wall-mounted thermostat.
The biggest advantage to ductless mini-split systems is that you can control the temperature in individual rooms instead of having to heat or cool an entire house. Some of the other advantages include:
- Less Ductwork equals more savings due to less energy loss through ductwork
- Zoning – heat or cool only the areas you want, not unoccupied rooms
- Highly Efficient – High SEER ratings = better efficiency and results in lower utility bills
- Easy Installation – installation is faster and easier than traditional AC systems
- Quiet, customized comfort – Indoor units operate quietly to meet individual temperature set points for each zone
- Flexible – They are offered in a selection of heating and cooling or cooling-only system options to meet the application’s exact capacity and SEER requirements
- Easy to maintain – Because they have fewer moving parts, ductless systems are easier to clean and maintain.
You might consider a Duct-Free mini-split system for room additions, multi-family units, replacing window units and for older homes where ducts are not available. Ductless mini-splits provide a number of advantages, making them valuable additions to both homes and workplaces alike. If you are interested in finding out if a Ductless Mini-Split would work for your space, give us a call at 830-693-5152. Ken’s has proudly served the Marble Falls and surrounding areas since 1978!